You, the client, should be open and honest with your therapist at all times. Feedback about the session, such as: if the sessions aren't working, any situations that make you uncomfortable, massage techniques that you may or may not like, any body areas you would like avoided, etc.
To maintain respect for each client and establish professional boundaries the following policies will apply for all massage therapy services:
* You may choose to leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort.
* You will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped.
* Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between you and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. It is understandable that the closeness of the massage relationship may, on occasion, be interpreted as sensual. This is a physical response that is part of the natural relaxation response, and only lasts for a few moments before the physical sensations shift to a deep feeling of relaxation.
* Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. You will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
* You have the right to stop the massage at any time and are free to leave with no explanation needed.
* Visitors may be present during the massage session at your request. (Required for anyone under the age of 18).
Your privacy is important. I will never give, lease, sell, or otherwise disclose your personal information - period. Any information you give to Tranquil Moments of Carlisle will be held with the utmost care, and will not be used in ways to which you have not consented.
It is your responsibility to keep me informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that your program may be continued. You must also keep me informed of any changes in health conditions.
The services provided are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician with any questions you may have regarding any medical condition.